Southern Grilled Barbecued Ribs
These are the most tender, tantalizing and delicious ribs that I have ever had. My husband would not stop raving about how good they were. This recipe is easy to do and is worth it. I thought about putting the ribs in the oven before a football party and then finishing them on the grill, during the game.
4 pounds baby back pork ribs
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup prepared mustard
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place ribs in two 10×15 inch roasting pans. Pour water and red wine vinegar into a bowl, and stir. Pour diluted vinegar over ribs and cover with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Baste the ribs with their juices halfway through cooking.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together ketchup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, butter, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer barbeque sauce for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil preheated grill. Transfer ribs from the oven to the grill, discarding cooking liquid. Grill over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning ribs once. Baste ribs generously with barbeque sauce, and grill 8 minutes. Turn ribs, baste again with barbeque sauce, and grill 8 minutes.
* This recipe came from allrecipes.com